Well, that’s a common experience, but warn that for some people may be the cause of weight gain.
在这句话中，有一个非常有意义的语气词well，以及更加重要的转折词but。因此这句话的内容可以说是整篇Lecture的核心。从这句话中，我们应该记录下的词语有：common experience, cause of weight gain.
Most teenagers should get 9 hours of sleep a night. However, many get less than 8. A number of studies have shown that this amount of sleep can lead to a greater consumption of food that are high in fat and sugar, and there is an inevitable consequence of this: an increase in weight.
第三句话中，以一个比较长的套句A number of studies have shown that…作为引导，用A=>B=>C的结构说明了因果。起因A: this lack of sleep (can lead to)，过渡B: greater consumption of food that are high in fat and sugar，以及后果C: increase in weight。换言之，这里进行的是一个逻辑的分析。
对于目标79分的同学而言，需要记录的是中间的过渡项B: greater consumption of food, fat & sugar
An example of these studies is one that is carried out by Susan Redline. She followed 240 teenagers in the USA and found that those who slept less than 8 hours per night had on average 2.2 percent more fat in their daily food intake.
听到了An example of these，我们基本可以松一口气。在PTE的考试中，所有的例子都不重要。
附PTE RL 内容满分评分要求：5 – Re-tells all points of the presentation and describes characters, aspects and actions, their relationships, the underlying development, implications and conclusions. 注意满分答案的评价标准中没有任何一项提到了Example，因此可以无视。
So, if you want to keep your weight under control, I don’t think you will be staying up too late for your exams now.
在这里，我们可以跳过条件的部分，直接记录结论：don’t stay up too late for exams
☑ teenager, going to bed late
☑ common experience, cause of weight gain
☑ greater consumption of food, fat & sugar
☑ don’t stay too late for exams
1. The lecture is about teenagers. They go to bed late, and do not have enough sleep.
2. According to the lecture, this is a common experience. But this could be the cause of weight gain.
3. This is caused by the greater consumption of food, especially those with fat and sugar.
4. In conclusion, teenagers should not stay up for too late.
1. The lecture is about teenagers going to bed late, and not having enough sleep.
2. This is a common experience for most teenagers. But this would be very likely to lead to the obesity or weight gain.
3. The reason is that these teenagers may have a greater consumption of food that are high in fat and sugar.
4. Therefore, the lecturer made a suggestion that teenagers should not stay too late for exams.